Photo of the Month Contest
We’re pretty writing-focused here at Dublin Inquirer, but we do love photos, and in an effort to get more great photos into the paper, we’re now running Photo of the Month contest.
If you’re interested, please email us a photo you’ve taken that you love, which hasn’t been published elsewhere.
Our team at Dublin Inquirer will choose one photo each month, ask the photographer for a little blurb to go with it, and pay €50 euro by invoice and EFT.
We’ll publish the photo in one of our weekly online editions, probably in one of our monthly print editions, and on our social media. The photographer retains the rights to use it after that however and wherever they wish.
- The photo should have been taken in Dublin.
- We’d prefer if the photo was taken recently, in the last four weeks or so.
- It must have been taken legally and not violate anyone’s privacy.
- If it includes a child, we’ll need their parent’s permission to publish it.
- It should be a jpg of at least 150dpi, and landscape format, as that’s what our website template takes.
- If we choose it for publication, we’ll ask you for a blurb written in the first person, including a couple of sentences about the photograph, and a couple of sentences about yourself.
- Send photos to email@example.com.
“My four-year-old son in Merrion Square Park’s playground at 9.30am.”
“I took this photo at around 9.30am on a Sunday morning walk with my one-year-old son.”…
“This image of the Pearse Lyons Distillery is certainly one of juxtaposition, old with new.”