untitled ? By Raymond Henshaw Ink on somerset satin, 25 x 25 inches
1. This work is about … It is a collection of X-rays, something I’m just beginning to work with. It features several images of people hidden in trucks, nefarious images. These images unfold on scrutiny, and narratives can be seen through the assemblage of all kinds objects. I add ink coverage, obscuring a potential history. You’re obliged to investigate.
2. I made this work because … if we look at the notion of travel through borders, across seas and airways towards Europe, passengers of sedate travel and others fleeing tumultuous homelands, it has a narrative we are all aware of and can put together.
3. I hope when people see this work they will … explore the possible narratives, make connections with their own viewpoints.
4. In terms of art history, this work … uses modern giclée print methods, as well as computers to search out and construct modern narratives. It is all part of the development and pushing of media technology back into the art world.
5. You can see my work … at Black Church Print Studio, 4 Temple Bar.
“Curios About …” is a series featuring works by Dublin artists. Each artist is asked to submit an image of one work and answer a set of questions about it. We’d love it if you’d submit something you’ve made, here.