By James Devlin
Ink on paper, 8 x 8 inches
1. This work is about … fashion and fantasy. The desire to be different and the willingness to go through any means necessary to achieve a unique aesthetic, even if that means wearing a dress made from fingers.
2. I made this work because … I’ve never seen this image anywhere else before, so I thought I might as well make it myself. I create the things I’d like to see and try not to add to the sameness of everything.
3. I hope when people see this work they will … learn to love the superficial. Learn to accept aesthetics for their face value and not warp things with thought.
4. In terms of art history, this work … will provide you with some light refreshments in the gallery foyer.
5. You can see my work … on Instagram @Devlinnewworks. It is my personal belief that Instagram is the new Louvre.
“Curios About …” is a series featuring works by Dublin artists. Each artist is asked to submit an image of one work and answer a set of questions about it. We’d love it if you’d submit something you’ve made, here.