1. Are you for or against the elimination of the local property tax?
I support a site valuation tax based on the land value of a site but not the property value. This allows people to renovate a house without seeing higher house prices.
2. Are you for or against repealing the 8th Amendment?
I am in favour of repealing the 8th Amendment.
3. Are you for or against the creation of a directly elected mayor for the Dublin area, with greater powers over, housing, transport and revenue raising?
I support the creation of a directly elected Dublin mayor.
4. Who should be responsible for setting minimum apartment standards, local authorities or the national government?
Local government should be allowed to set higher minimum standards than the national minimum.
5. Are you for or against ending religious patronage of all schools?
I am against religious discrimination in state schools.
6. Are you for or against the provision of medically supervised injection centres in Dublin?
In favour. I support addiction policies aimed at harm-reduction.
7. Are you for or against giving asylum seekers the right to work?
I am in favour of greatly speeding up the process to under a year. I would allow asylum seekers to work after a few months.
8. What, if anything, should be done about Irish Water?
Transfer its operational functions to local authorities and leave Irish Water as an centralised administrative body. Replace water charges with a free water allowance for everyone and a conservation charge for wasting excess water. Make a constitutional amendment to prevent the sell-off of Irish Water.
9. Are you for or against the immediate introduction of a vacant-land levy in Dublin?
In favour. This is long overdue.
10. Are you for or against banning zero-hour employment contracts?
I am in favour of banning zero-hour contracts.
11. Are you for or against ending unvouched expenses for TDs and councillors?
I am in favour of ending unvouched expenses.
12. Are you for or against bringing in a new system of independent building inspections carried out by government inspectors to ensure that buildings are built to code?
Building inspect ion regime is abysmal. See Priory Hall for the great cost of not inspecting buildings. This urgently needs to be resourced in order to save money in the long term.
In preparation for 26 February, we asked candidates running in Dublin for their views on a dozen issues. You can read what all the candidates had to say here.