Seems Like You’re Found a Few Articles Worth Reading
If you want us to keep doing what we do, we’d love it if you’d consider subscribing. We’re a tiny operation, so every subscription really makes a difference.
1. Are you for or against the elimination of the local property tax?
2. Are you for or against repealing the 8th Amendment?
3. Are you for or against the creation of a directly elected mayor for the Dublin area, with greater powers over, housing, transport and revenue raising?
4. Who should be responsible for setting minimum apartment standards, local authorities or the national government?
National government, with local authorities free to raise the standards.
5. Are you for or against ending religious patronage of all schools?
6. Are you for or against the provision of medically supervised injection centres in Dublin?
7. Are you for or against giving asylum seekers the right to work?
8. What, if anything, should be done about Irish Water?
Irish Water and water charges should be abolished, control over water returned to local authorities, and a programme of investment in upgrading water infrastructure funded through progressive taxation
9. Are you for or against the immediate introduction of a vacant-land levy in Dublin?
10. Are you for or against banning zero-hour employment contracts?
11. Are you for or against ending unvouched expenses for TDs and councillors?
FOR. (For councillors, suggest supporting introduction of a living wage.)
12. Are you for or against bringing in a new system of independent building inspections carried out by government inspectors to ensure that buildings are built to code?
In preparation for 26 February, we asked candidates running in Dublin for their views on a dozen issues. You can read what all the candidates had to say here.