1. Are you for or against the elimination of the local property tax?
No, but it does need changing such as means testing, not increasing for people on fixed income, etc.
2. Are you for or against repealing the 8th Amendment?
For a referendum to repeal and then a constitutional convention to see what replaces it.
3. Are you for or against the creation of a directly elected mayor for the Dublin area, with greater powers over, housing, transport and revenue raising?
Absolutely for, and devolved powers to local authority.
4. Who should be responsible for setting minimum apartment standards: local authorities or the national government?
Neither. A committee of long-term tenants, government, local authority, builders designers: i.e. all the stakeholders.
5. Are you for or against ending religious patronage of all schools?
No. And not to protect Catholic schools, but to protect schools of minorities. Job of government to provide more Educate Together schools.
6. Are you for or against the provision of medically supervised injection centres in Dublin?
7. Are you for or against giving asylum seekers the right to work?
For. I believe if our government takes years to sort out applications then in that time we must be fair to people. A temporary PPS number could be issued for people to work on while they wait on their application. Children of applicants ought to have access to third-level education.
8. What, if anything, should be done about Irish Water?
Bills stopped. Irish Water taken into government like NRA model. Total review of operation.
9. Are you for or against the immediate introduction of a vacant-land levy in Dublin?
10. Are you for or against banning zero-hour employment contracts?
11. Are you for or against ending unvouched expenses for TDs and councillors?
12. Are you for or against bringing in a new system of independent building inspections carried out by government inspectors to ensure that buildings are built to code?
In preparation for 26 February, we asked candidates running in Dublin for their views on a dozen issues. You can read what all the candidates had to say here.