It seems like you’ve found a few articles worth reading.
If you want us to keep doing what we do, we’d love it if you’d consider subscribing. We’re a tiny operation, so every subscription really makes a difference.
1. Are you for or against the elimination of the local property tax?
Against for family homes under €500,000.00
2. Are you for or against repealing the 8th Amendment?
3. Are you for or against the creation of a directly elected mayor for the Dublin area, with greater powers over, housing, transport and revenue raising?
This is one of my main election priorities. I’m the only Dublin candidate advertising it, calling for it on my posters. It’s one of the reasons I’m running in two constituencies, to raise the profile of a directly elected mayor.
4. Who should be responsible for setting minimum apartment standards, local authorities or the national government?
Directly elected mayor of local council
5. Are you for or against ending religious patronage of all schools?
6. Are you for or against the provision of medically supervised injection centres in Dublin?
For the provision of medically supervised
7. Are you for or against giving asylum seekers the right to work?
For CE or other educational course
8. What, if anything, should be done about Irish Water?
9. Are you for or against the immediate introduction of a vacant-land levy in Dublin?
Yes immediately con [sic]
10. Are you for or against banning zero-hour employment contracts?
Yes they need to be banned.
11. Are you for or against ending unvouched expenses for TDs and councillors?
12. Are you for or against bringing in a new system of independent building inspections carried out by government inspectors to ensure that buildings are built to code?
Yes, I’m for this.
In preparation for 26 February, we asked candidates running in Dublin for their views on a dozen issues. You can read what all the candidates had to say here.