1. Are you for or against the elimination of the local property tax?
I think the property tax should be reformed to reflect ability to pay and the bias against homes in Dublin.
2. Are you for or against repealing the 8th Amendment?
I’m for repealing the 8th Amendment.
3. Are you for or against the creation of a directly elected mayor for the Dublin area, with greater powers over, housing, transport and revenue raising?
I support the creation of a directly elected mayor.
4. Who should be responsible for setting minimum apartment standards, local authorities or the national government?
Government should set minimum standards, local authorities should be able to make further improvements.
5. Are you for or against ending religious patronage of all schools?
I strongly support choice for parents so that children of all religions and none can be accommodated.
6. Are you for or against the provision of medically supervised injection centres in Dublin?
I think these are a good idea, when combined with a range of other measures to tackle drug abuse.
7. Are you for or against giving asylum seekers the right to work?
I support a much speedier asylum process and the right to work and contribute to Irish society.
8. What, if anything, should be done about Irish Water?
The money being charged on domestic water charges is not being used to run, or to upgrade, the water system. Even if everyone paid their water bill, the money collected would do nothing other than cover the costs of the water meters and the costs of billing.
Water charges should be abolished, as should the conservation grant. The meter rollout should be stopped. A full and open financial review of Irish Water should be conducted to identify what cost savings can be achieved each year and how they can be reinvested in the water system. Irish Water should be abolished and reconstituted as a public body, rather than as a commercial semi-state, to ensure it can never be privatised. Public ownership should be protected via a referendum to change the Constitution.
9. Are you for or against the immediate introduction of a vacant-land levy in Dublin?
I strongly support the immediate introduction of a vacant sites levy.
10. Are you for or against banning zero-hour employment contracts?
I’m strongly against zero-hour contracts.
11. Are you for or against ending unvouched expenses for TDs and councillors?
I’m against all unvouched expenses.
12. Are you for or against bringing in a new system of independent building inspections carried out by government inspectors to ensure that buildings are built to code?
I’m strongly in favour of this.
In preparation for 26 February, we asked candidates running in Dublin for their views on a dozen issues. You can read what all the candidates had to say here.